Sunday 6 September 2015

CD Sunday – Gorgeous Gowns – chosen by Carol.



Good Morning everyone.  I will get straight on as we have quite a bit to say so please bear with us and first of all here is the Top 3 for ‘Photo Inspiration’ chosen by Jocelyn -  and what she said about her choices:
 
This is what I gave everybody to work with:
  
I have to admit I did start to think it was a step too far  but my Top 3 have certainly embraced it and been very creative.
 
1st  Pamela
I thought this was a clever idea and works so well. It also reminded me that I should blow the dust off my Dazzling Reflections CD.
 2nd – Michelle
I love the tiled and embossed brick wall background here. It blends so well with the main image.
3rd – Margaret

Great use of the die cut shapes which echo the colours of the main image.
 
Well done Pamela.  Please get in touch with your details using the email address in the side bar so that Jocelyn can forward on your prize.

Now secondly today we are very pleased to welcome our first two Guest Designers, Meg and Pauline -  who have both accepted our invitation to join us at CD Sunday for 3 months.  Please pop over to their Blogs to see the beautiful work that they both do.
Now here are all the team’s ideas on my challenge of ‘Gorgeous Gowns.’
 Meg
Robert Adams Printable Gingham Polka Dot Check and Tartan Backing Papers

Debbi Moore's Art Deco Elegant Moments Summertime CD Rom

Carol Ann's Studio 'Flutterby Purple' CD

Main Image - Flights of Fantasy, Morgan Fitzsimons CD by Crafter's Companion
Backing Papers - A Touch of Magic from Linda Ravenscroft CD by Card Creations

CD Debbi Moore  "Party Divas Milestone Birthdays"

Debbi Moore's Venetian Collection

We hope that you will join in with us and please link to your post and not to your Blog.    Please, please use something from a CD somewhere, however small, in the making of your card or project and give the CD credit. Entries that do not include the use of a CD, although welcome to see, will not be considered for any prize on offer and the team will not visit to comment.
Now please spin those CD’s, have fun and join in with us. We will be back in two weeks and Sue will have chosen her ‘Bear with me’ Top 3 and we will have more delights from our Guest Designers.
Carol xx

6 comments:

  1. I am so surprised that I came third thank you, this card today was the fastest card in the west as we go away tomorrow to Turkey for two weeks, I think this is the first time I have been first to put a card on the site.
    See you I two weeks
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jocelyn for picking my card as number 1 - I really enjoyed this theme. I love the DT Gorgeous Gowns cards and I have a young lady's birthday coming up who would love a card on this theme. Will have to try and get one made in the next 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous picks - sorry I had to miss that challenge as I was on holiday. In fact I didn't think I'd manage to get anything dome for this one either as I'm off on my travels again in a day or two, but I've managed to put together a (rather eccentric) quicky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for inviting me to join you at CD Sunday as guest designer for the next three months. Gorgeous Gowns is a wonderful theme for my first card, I really enjoyed making it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards as always ladies, it's great to see the guest designers too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this challenge, beautiful cards DT ladies. Thank you so much for choosing my card in your top 3, it was a difficult challenge! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete