Sunday 12 February 2017

CD Sunday - Friendship, Love and Romance - chosen by Meg




We have a lot to tell you this time so we will get straight down to it.
'Tis my turn to choose the Top 3 for the ‘Make it Male’ challenge and wasn’t I spoilt for choice.  They were all super cards and worthy of the Top 3.  I would have been proud to have made any one of them - but I had to choose so here is my Top 3:
1st  – Lorraine (Rainey)
It is unusual to have 3 cards to choose from and anyone of them was a winner but this was my favourite.
2nd – Deloris
I loved the colours and the moodiness of this and the colours and subject  are so 'Male'.
3rd - Jane Middleton
What's not to like about this card. Beautifully thought out and put together. I hope your husband likes/liked it Jane.
 Well done Lorraine.  Please drop us a line to claim your prize and together with Deloris and Jane grab the appropriate banner from the side bar.
Pamela is still MIA but will have her Top 3 for 'Do what you love' ready for next time.  Thank you for all your entries.

Before we talk about Meg’s challenge we have some exciting news.
Jane, (Onions and Paper) who has so kindly been acting as a Guest Designer whilst we are down in numbers is going to join us as a full team member and we are all absolutely delighted.
Here is a little about Jane – composed by herself:
“I live in Hampshire, England with my husband Mark.  Mark used to be in the Army and we travelled all over the world, but settled down here when our two daughters started school. Now they are grown up with children of their own, and we are retired - but we're still here in Hampshire.
I've been a crafter ever since I could grip a pencil in my tiny hands. I learned many basic skills from my grandmother and now my grandchildren are learning them from me. I've dabbled in all kinds of crafts - hand and machine knitting, crochet, dressmaking, toy making, cross stitch, embroidery and glass painting, until about 20 years ago I discovered stamping and other paper crafts and became hooked.
I started my blog. Onions and Paper, in 2012 and was soon told about CD Sundays by a friend. At the time I only owned a few CDs and thought that they didn’t leave much scope for creativity - a few visits to CD Sundays showed me just how wrong I was, and this has become one of my favourite challenges, so I am absolutely delighted to have been invited to join the team.” 
So please welcome Jane - I am sure you will admire her work as much as we all do.

Now - to our new Challenge from Meg.  Meg has chosen a ‘Love’ themed challenge as we are so close to Valentines’ day and here I am going do something I have never done before when writing these posts – say that I think  the team have produced fantastic cards. They are all so different and inspiring.  I am still chuckling over the menacing Queen of Hearts on Jocelyn’s card.
Here they all are starting with Meg.


As always, please, please, do not forget to use something from a CD somewhere, however small, in the making of your card or project and give the CD credit. Entries that do not include the use of a CD, although welcome to see, will not be considered for the prize on offer.
See you next time.
Carol xx

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for choosing my card for the Top 3 picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great theme again.... crafty hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for choosing my card in your Top 3, congrats to Deloris and Jane too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the challenge. Lovely work by the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creations from you all and another super challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another great challenge and the lovely inspiration. Jo x

    ReplyDelete