Sunday 8 March 2015

Shabby Chic ...........with Sue



Shabby Chic is our theme for these next two weeks – chosen by our Sue -----but before I go on any further we have to say that we have had very sad news here at CD Sunday.  We were very shocked to learn of the death of Wendy (known to us all as Purple Crazy when she was with us on our Design Team).  We send our sincere condolences to her family at this time and we plan to celebrate Wendy’s life here on CD Sunday next month.

Thank you for your entries into our ‘Everything stops for tea’ challenge and Jocelyn will be announcing her Top 3 next time.
Here is a message from Wynn who has finally chosen her Top 3 in her ‘Floral Frenzy’ Challenge
Well 'Floral Frenzy' certainly put me in a frenzy!! What a truly difficult task choosing a top three let alone a winner. After many hours of going backwards and forwards to your blogs I have finally made my choice but I must say that I could easily have a picked a top six!! So well done everyone and I hope you are not too disappointed if you are not in my top three.
1st Jackie
The colour of the flowers and the simplicity of the design made this a very elegant card.  So,for me, a very worthy winner.
 2nd Angie
 
Coming a very, very close second, this card by Angie. It's a real floral frenzy with flowers both inside and out. The colours were vibrant and I loved the addition of the black bow and the detailed description of how the card was created.
3rd Marina
 

An inspiring take on the theme with these matchbox covers.   This is   something a bit different from the normal card entries so therefore for me, with those fab floral images, this is worthy of a top three spot.
Jacqui please send in your details so that Wynn may send you a little something.
And last but not least  here are the teams ideas for this Shabby Chic theme:
Crafters Companion, Flower fairies friends
7 ATC's made using Debbi Moore Designs - 'Shabby Chic - Seaside'.
Shabby Chic Paper Delights CD - Debbi Moore
MCS Quintessential Country Garden
CD used for background paper only Joanne Sheen 'Dancing with Shadows'
Vintage Floral - Papercrafting Collection by Crafter's Companion
 We hope that you will join in with us and please link to your post and not to your Blog.  We still have people linking to their Blog which means we have to search to find the entry.  Please, please use something from a CD somewhere, however small, in the making of your card or project and give the CD credit. Entries that do not include the use of a CD, although welcome to see, will not be considered for any prize on offer and the team will not visit to comment.
Please dust off those CD’s, have fun and join in with us.  Back in two weeks……

7 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear the news about Wendy, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sad news of Wendy's passing. I used to enjoy reading her blog and seeing her card creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sad sad news my love and prayers go to her family and friends, also to the girls on the DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sad sad news my love and prayers go to her family and friends, also to the girls on the DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about Wendy, I used to look forward to seeing her creations when I first started following the blog. The inspiration she gave us all will live on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about Wendy. It's always a shock to lose a friend.

    But thank you so very much for choosing my card as your winner!!!! I'm really chuffed...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad to hear of the loss of your dear friend.

    Thanks for picking my matchboxes - congratulations to Jackie and Angie.

    Love those DT cards!

    ReplyDelete